You will need:
1. An electric mixer
2. A Super Shooter (or Cookie Gun)
3. Most of an afternoon with nothing else to do.
1 cup butter or margerine, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3 large egg yolks (that’s the yellow part)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1. With electric mixer, beat butter thoroughly.
2. Add sugar gradually, continuing to beat about 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg yolks, vanilla and salt. Beat well.
4. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cups; level off; add flour in 3 additions; mix well after each addition. Dough will be stiff.
5. Fill and assemble Gun; use desired Cookie Disk; make cookies on ungreased cookie sheet. (Cookies should be right next to each other because they dont spread. You can fit more on there.)
6. Bake 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees Ferenhidt, or until just starting to turn light golden around the edges, being careful not to overbake.
7. Makes 6-7 dozen cookies.
Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies Recipe – Food.com – 97496.
I hope everyone enjoys these. They are one of my Christmas favorites.
So, Christmas is the time of baking like a crazy person. I’ve been at my parents’ for 3 days, and I’ve made 12 dozen cookies already… and only 3 types!
One of my favorites really isn’t a cookie, but a candy. They are called Peanut Clusters.
Here’s how you make them:
Melt a couple of chocolate bars until it is all melty liquidy goodness. Stir in a couple cups of peanuts. Place the mixture on a cookie sheet covered in parchment or wax paper. Kind of think of them as cookies as you place them. They won’t spread like a cookie though. Next, put them in the refrigerator until they are hard. Take them off the sheet and store them in a resealable bag or container. Make sure you store them in the refrigerator, or else they will melt and, besides, they taste better cold!
Enjoy them. I know I will.
These are really good cookies. We use mint chocolate chips to make them a little more Christmas-y.
When melting the chocolate, if it gets a little hard, add in a bit of paraffin until it softens. It should be runny.
Chocolate Crinkle-top Cookies.