This sounded so good that I’m making it for dinner tonight.
1 (12 oz) package macaroni
2 cups of milk
2 tablespoons of melted butter
2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (I also added in some Mozzarella)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish.
2. In a large pot of salted water, lightly boil the macaroni for about 5 minutes until half-cooked
3. Whisk the egg and milk together in a large cup or bowl. Add butter and cheese to the mix. Stir well.
4. Place the lightly cooked macaroni in the prepared baking dish. Pour the cheese liquid over the macaroni, sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir well. (I did this in the large dish, then put it in the baking pan.) Press the mixture evenly around the baking dish.
5. Bake uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the top is brown.